WTA is seeking young and promising junior architects. Academic honors and design excellence is highly preferred. The Junior Architect position will be based in San Juan, Metro Manila. The individual must demonstrate passion, creativity, and good design judgement. The ideal candidate should also be extremely professional, possess strong communication skills, possess an open and collaborative mindset, and a sharp ambition towards excellence.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Take the “brief” to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environment impact
- Produce detailed blueprints and make necessary corrections
- Compile project specifications
- Make on site visits to check on project status and report on project
- Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals
- Follow architectural trends and advancements
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture.
- Academic honors and citations (e.g., Cum Laude, Best Thesis, Dean’s List, etc.) will be a bonus
- Demonstrate good design understanding. (e.g. design portfolio)
- Demonstrate expertise in AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of 3D software and rendering engines.
- Self motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and proactive approach to daily tasks and in response to direction or instruction.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, prioritize duties and deliver work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- An open mind dedicated to lifelong learning and contributing to increasingly creative ways of working.