The BIM Manager provides the immediate supervision for a team ensuring the delivery of efficient, accurate CAD/ BIM drawings for a project and reports to the BIM Team Leader/ Senior Manager.
Major responsibilities include:
- Provide BIM related support to all projects undertaken by WTA.
- Develop and deliver BIM documentation for project initialization in compliance with client and WTA’s requirements.
- Ensure BIM execution plans/ drawings are produced and maintained for each project.
- Contribute in the production of BIM deliverables which includes drawings that are accurate, clear, concise and shall implement WTA’s BIM Strategy & Office CAD Standards.
- Drafting and modeling which includes architectural, structural and MEPFS scope. Preparation of Combined Services Drawings and Detail Drawings using AUTOCAD and REVIT.
- Provide modeling guidance and assistance to Junior BIM modeler/s and monitor the progress, ensuring to meet the project milestone.
- To come up with a resolution for modeling issues on the projects. Make 3D visualizations, 2D draft drawings for discussions/ coordination.
- Undertake the initial checking or work in progress of the team before sending it to the BIM Team Leader to ensure that it meets design intention.
- Support BIM set-up projects through coordination, exchange processes and participation in all BIM meetings with the BIM Team Leader, Project Consultants or other disciplines for updates and clash detection.
- Work closely with the BIM Team Leader, Design Consultants/Client to ensure the integration of the overall design is captured in the BIM model.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the multiple modeled elements of a project and how it interfaces with the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Professional Licensed Architect or Engineer.
- Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit or BIM Modeling Certification.
- Mandatory Proficiency in AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit BIM.
- Experience with Navisworks, Civil3D, Map3D, 3D Studio Max, clash detection and other Infra/ modeling related softwares.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Revit on a BIM project.
- At least 3 years of experience working or knowledgeable with Structural and MEPFS Revit modelling and detailing.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Professional or Manager in local setup or abroad.
- Ability to manage a team and contribute to the initiative and automation of processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and has a proactive approach to task and time management.